This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Read the full disclosure.
I considered being a fashion designer when I was younger. I loved fashion! Everything about it was so glam and exciting. I liked new things and I liked changing- evolving. It wasn’t until I had became a mom that I started taking a backseat and started minimizing my closet. I liked buying new things but it quickly demolished my bank account. On top of buying diapers and baby stuff too, I quickly went into debt. So, instead of working harder for my wardrobe, I decided to work smarter. I began understanding my body type and what worked for me and the lifestyle that I was now living. Instead of buying things just because they were on sale, I started buying things to last. So, although I may not be a fashion influencer or in the industry, I do know a couple of things. One is, being a mom and the other is being comfortable yet still look put together. So here is my list of 15 essential items for that motherhood lifestyle.
- The 3rd Piece. In the summer, I like using long scarves as my 3rd piece and in the colder months, I like a jacket such as this utility jacket from Madewell.
- The neutral cardigan. I actually prefer a beige cardigan because it goes with almost everything in my closet. I look for lightweight and not long past my butt.
- A lightweight sweater.
- Tanks. Choose ones with simple prints such as stripes and also have some solid tanks too.
- Baggy tees. Again, choose to have both stripes and solid tees in your closet.
- High waisted “Mom” jeans are so on trend right now.
- Joggers because, Hello… comfort!
- Black leggings. Be sure that these don’t fall into the athletic side of leggings as this is the cross between athletic and athleisure.
- Slip-on sneakers. I love these ones by Vince. They are the Blair 5 sneakers and I love them because they have elastic on the top sides of the shoes and they’re made of this amazing leather that is so easy to clean!
- The booties for when you want to dress it up a bit.
- A large tote such as this one by Longchamp. The handles are long so it glides onto your shoulders with ease. It’s also made of nylon so cleaning is a breeze and I’m all about easy cleaning solutions!
- A belt bag for those quick grocery store runs when you don’t have to carry around a huge honking diaper bag.
- A vintage looking baseball cap (to cover the 3 day old unwashed hair).
- A wool fedora for dressing up your outfit. I like the ones by Rag & Bone.
- Sunnies to make you look put together when you’re not or when you wanna feel like a “cool mom”. Go ahead! Put the sunglasses on!!!
Tell me what your mommy essentials are? I would like to know if they’re similar to mine or completely different. After all, we each have our own style and lifestyle.