This post may contain referral/affiliate links. Read the full disclosure.
Mac & Mia is a curated children’s clothing service personalized for kids ages newborn to six years old. You sign up and create a style profile for you child(ren) and then a personal stylists handpicks 6-8 pieces to send you. I found a personal stylist on Instagram and used her code for a $20 credit for my first box. Otherwise, there is a $20 styling fee that will be applied to your cost if you don’t purchase at least 2 items in your box. The average price point per piece of clothing is $35 and $12 for accessories. So, it does run on the more expensive side of children’s clothing but the brands they carry are pretty good on quality so I don’t mind paying a bit more.
I like these subscription boxes because it allows me to discover brands I’ve never heard of or things i haven’t used before. I’m not a stranger when it comes to subscription services but, I’ve never tried a kids clothing service before because I consider myself a pretty good stylists when it comes to dressing kids. Still, I was curious about this company because of the great marketing its done through my social media outlets. So, I ordered a box for Ruby and here is what my stylist picked out.
My box came with 8 pieces that I could mix and match and they were all perfect for the humid Summers we have here in Wisconsin. My stylist did a great job at picking pieces for Ruby but I ended up keeping only 2 items that I thought would go well with her current wardrobe. Here is what I liked and didn’t like about the pieces in her box.
- The baby romper was cute and I loved dressing Ruby up on Rompers since she’s still so tiny, she can get away with it but I’m trying to phase her out of that stage. Plus, it was white and Ruby is very active so I’m afraid it’ll get dirty really quick. So I returned this one.
- The leather hair clip is cute but we already own a few from other brands that did not hold well with Ruby’s type of hair. She has very fine hair and the leather clips are just too heavy to stay put.
- The blouse was cute but way too expensive and big for Ruby.
- The Tiger Lilly dress was so cute and I liked it but it was short for Ruby. If I sized up, then it would be okay but then the top would be too big then. So I returned it.
- The peplum tank is so cute and it fits her like it should now as a crop top but soon she will grow out of it. This brand might run smaller so I’ll have to size up with this brand.
- The polka dot leggings were also a favorite of mine but it was kind of tight around her ankles despite the tag saying 27-35 pounds (Ruby is 24 pounds).
- The white lace shorts were pretty but it was big for Ruby. I returned them because of that and because it’s white and kind of heavy for her frame.
- The denim shorts were also nice but too big for Ruby.
My merchandise total came to $267 for 8 pieces- a bit on the more expensive side but, I buy for quality and uniqueness. So which 2 pieces did I keep???
This outfit would go well with Ruby’s wardrobe right now. She’s a tomboy and likes to be active so I chose this legging so she can move freely. Plus, she has bad eczema on her knees that she keeps scratching so legging will help her not scratch it so much. And this peplum tank is the perfect shade of pink and great for the humid Summer in Wisconsin!
I think this subscription service is perfect for me because I love to buy clothes and its not a monthly service so I don’t have to worry about getting charged or skipping the month. When I’m ready to order a box, all I have to do is log into my account and request one! More subscription boxes should be like that because I’m a busy Mom and like to control when to receive boxes.
So would I recommend this to other parents? Yes! The pieces are unique and its fun to try on the clothes. You can always work with your stylist to create a look thats right for your little one that fits your budget. If you’re ready to try out this fun box, use my personal code for a $20 credit. When you make your first purchase, you’ll get your own personal referral link to share with your friends and they’ll get $20 credit and you get $20 credit too when they order. Order a box anytime you want. Thats the great thing about it. So order a box today and let me see what you got in your box.
You can click here and start your child’s profile today.
I returned what I didn’t want back to them and just got my bill via email today and here is what it looks like.